Wednesday 27 March 2019

2 Crafty inspiration and 7Dots challenge!

Hello there creative souls
 
I've just popped in to share my latest 2Crafty Chipboard Creation titled:
 

"A Glimpse of You"

 
 
 
 
 
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
 
"A Glimpse of You title"
"Mini Branches"
"Fine Snowflakes"
"Assorted Polaroid Frames"
 
 
 
 
I began by coating some of the "Assorted Polaroid Frames" in white gesso and then added white acrylic paint.
 
I added these to the background of the layout.
 
 





 
 
I swiped some Metallique Wax over the "Mini Branches" and added these to the cluster.
 
I love the effect of the wax....and it smells so good!
 
 



 
 
 
For the "A Glimpse of You title", I added Distress Oxide and a touch of white gesso to give it a more pastel shade of green.
 
I love that I can add these titles over my photos.
 
The font is gorgeous!!
Fine, yet detailed.
 
 
 


 
 
To finish off my cluster, I cut some of the sprigs from the "Fine Snowflakes" and coated them in a brown ink.
 
I then poked them throughout the cluster.
 
This just finishes off the layout.
 
 
 

Now when I sat down to create this layout, I was a little at a loss.
 
I'd had a busy couple of days and had only a couple of hours to pull something together.
 
I like my pages to come together quickly, so when this happens, I immediately go searching for inspiration in the form of a challenge.
 
I couldn't go past the one over at 7Dots Studio......
 
 
 
 
Sigh...I can always rely on finding inspiration in their mood boards.
 
I found inspiration in the colours and the nature theme.
 
Once I found a suitable photo, there was no stopping me - it came together quickly.
 
It really sparks my ideas and gets the creativity flowing. 
 
It gives me direction and also forces me to try new things.
 
 
 
 
I used loads of 7Dots Products - the background sheet is from Nature Walk. I used the Dreamscapes Stencil, Tags and Stamps. I also used Garden Party Word Stickers, Airmail Element Die Cuts and even a bit of Verano Azul 6x6 Paper Pad.
 
I adore that they all co-ordinate so beautifully.
I source all my 7Dots goodies locally, from a South Australian store Scrap Matrix.
 
I'll be back again real soon with some more scrappy stuff.
 
xxx
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! Thank you for sharing with us at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout dear Tammy! Thank you for joining us at 7dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete