Saturday 12 October 2019

Tracy Scott weekend in full swing!!!

Hi guys
Well we are in the midst of the much anticipated Tracy Scott weekend at Scrap Matrix!!
I have looked forward to this weekend for such a long time (since last time really!)
And today we are right in the middle of it!!!

Yesterday we began, with not one but two classes!
What a start to the weekend.....
Today we continue.

Amongst all this Tracy Mania, I am here to share a few Tracy projects....




 First up a layout, celebrating soccer and stepsons....

Whenever I think of Tracy, I think of flowers, one of my big loves!
But I wanted to push myself to use some Tracy products to create a 'boyish' layout....




So I dug out all the stamps that weren't flowers......
 lots of  Tracy's sets have some boyish elements.
Here's what I gathered up..




These came from two sets. ETS125 and ETS01.

I immediately noticed all the circular shapes which reminded me of some recent soccer photos that I took of my stepsons match.
So I went with blue and green to highlight the colours in the photos (think grass and sky) and his team colours.

I began by adding green paint to the background, fairly haphazardly.
I used Dina Wakley  Lime and Evergreen 




Once dry I added some Dina Wakley washi tape and then stamped a few of the circular stamps onto the background.




I then wanted to add blue. 
So I painted a stack of different shades of blue onto some cardstock.
I used Dina Wakley paint in Lapis, Ocean, plus I used some of the gorgeous blues from Art by Marlenes watercolour set in 'Whimsy and Bright'.




I then stamped some of the larger circular shapes onto them.




Time to cut them out.




I then added my photos to the layout, and added these around the photos.






I added in a couple of handmade tags (created with art foamies and paint).
I also added in some 7Dots word stickers and a Mambi Chip.

Finally I stamped the chevron arrow onto cardstock (from set ETS125) and cut them out,
adding them to the layout.



The final step was to add a border and a few scribbles using my Fudeball pen.




Ok onto my next creation....
a quick art journal page.




I used Tracy's Mandala stencil PS124 and stamp set ETS01 again and  ETS09.




I began by adding white gesso to my art journal, and then I added blue and lime paint to the background using the recycled packaging method.

Basically add a bit of paint, lots of water and then splodge it onto your background.
I used Paper Artsy Beach Hut and Sargasso.





I really love the effect of this.
I also added a few blobs with a paint brush and then sprayed with water, and let it run down the page.
This helps to create the drippy look.




I then added the stencil to the page, and using dry baby wipes, I rubbed paint through the stencil.

I then added some Tracy stamps to create my dreamcatcher tail, and joined them to the stencil with my fudeball pen.




I then added paint to the stamped images.

I also added a rough border and scribbles with my fudeball pen.
Finally a sticker from the Art by Marlene sticker pack and that's it!







This one really was super quick.

Ok, now this last piece, I wasn't going to share and I don't have many photos because it was a complete FAIL!!!!
So much so, that I walked away and went and did something else.
Then a few days later, I came back to it and felt like I had nothing to lose, so I'd just play and see what happened.

To my surprise I ended up loving it.
It was a frustrating process, but when it did happen - the moment it changed - well that was magic!!

So my point is don't discard, keep adding layers, keep experimenting.
You never know what's around the corner.

PLUS sometimes that mistake is a creative gift.  
You see you no longer care about what you are doing.
You have nothing to lose.
You can't stuff it up anymore than it is.
So there's an opportunity to NOT think, to not judge, to just play, to follow your intuition and just see what happens.
That, my friend, is true ART, true freedom....



Yep very aptly titled!!





Those butterflies were cut from an adult colouring book, as they remind me so much of  Tracy and some of her beautiful butterfly Stamps.
I haven't yet treated myself to those gorgeous stamps of hers but you will find them here.
ETS26.  (this may change tomorrow, lol)




I adhered them to the page with Matte Gel.




Sorry I don't have step by steps to show you but this time its more about the exercise, about just letting go, about finding that freedom.

I know I have rambled a bit today, but I'm blaming excitement and anticipation.
I've gotta go get ready for today's Tracy classes.....

Much love...
Tam
xxx

Paper Artsy Paint - Beach Hut, Slimed, Sargasso, Cerise, Banana, Lavender
Dina Wakley Paint - Black, Lime, Evergreen, Ocean
Mambi Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment