Thursday 3 October 2019

A pair of bold, flamboyant birds.....

Hey there beautiful creatives.

I've popped in today sharing my latest Scrap Matrix creations.

What an EXCITING month!!
Not only do we have a very cool Tracy Scott Challenge.....but she's also teaching classes at a 3 day workshop at Scrap Matrix!!!!

We just love her to bits.
So what better way to celebrate her, then to make September ALL about her!!!

So, my turn to share my creations.
Lately, I've been playing around a bit, creating some watercolour animals.
I thought I'd incorporate some Tracy-ness into them.......






Yep two gorgeous colourful birds.
Take a closer look at their tails......all Tracy Stamps!!

So let's take a look at how they came to be.....

Let's start with that gorgeous Flamingo!
I named him Floyd.
Yep so funny right?? 
Pink Floyd!!!




I began by grabbing a sheet from my Art by Marlene Large Album.

I then loosely sketched Floyd in pencil.
And began the watercolour process....

On a side note, I've tried a few different papers for my watercolours. I love the Paper in the Art by Marlene Journals.  It's so thick and can handle a LOT of water)




Once dry, I got out a mix of Tracy Scott stamps....
I began to add them using a masking technique we learned last year at the Tracy Scott event.

Stamp each of your flowers onto cardstock and then cut them out...




NEVER throw these away, these can be used over and over for many projects.

Begin by stamping your first flower, then cover it using the mask you have just cut out.
Line it up as best you can.
Then stamp your next flower. And repeat.
This pic shows the process....




Continue until you fill up his body.
You'll see mine aren't perfect.
That's ok.
They can be fixed up later....




Once they are all stamped, I then coloured them in with various watercolours.....
I also drew in any missing lines with my Fudeball pen and added some white Posca Pen too, just for a few highlights.




I then went in and added more depth of colour to Floyd.
I added fine details with pen and finished with lots of paint flicking!!




I really love it.
The flowers really suit his flamboyant style. (and those lashes!)

Ok, onto the second creation.....
Mr Peacock!!




I began by going through some of my older Tracy Scott stamps.
ETS09 is one of my faves that I come back to over and over.
I use the circles and flowers a lot, but thought it was time to look at those leafy sprigs....




Some see leafy stems, some see Peacock Feathers....or plumage!!

My favourite watercolours are Art by Marlene.
I've been using the 'Bold and Bright Set' for a while, but not long ago I got the 'Bright and Whimsy'.
Time to burst into the box.
It has some gorgeous blues, so  peacock is perfect!!




I began by sketching out and adding some base watercolours to the page.




Once dry, I began stamping on that glorious tail....
I then went in and filled in the details, with black pen.
Plus I added more colours and depth to Mr Peacock.




Finish with those flicks of paint.
The more flamboyant and bold....the better!

The only thing missing is a name....
It's a boy as the colourful peacocks are.
He needs something flashy and gorgeous and proud and proper.
I'd love you to let me know.

So that's it from me today.....
Two gorgeous hand painted birds, made extra special with Tracy Stamps.....




I'll be back again a bit later in the month.

Some of you I will be seeing soon at the Tracy Scott weekend!!
(Tracy included!! I can't wait to be inspired by my colour sister)
Woohoo!!!

Until then I ADORE seeing our Scrap Matrix Shares Page on Facebook filled with Tracy Inspiration.
What a month!!
What a girl!

Oh and just imagine how much Tracy Inspiration there will be AFTER the weekend!!!

xxx


Art by Marlene Watercolours Bold and Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment