Friday 12 June 2020

Art Journal fun!

Hi all!
I'm back again with another Art Journal Share inspired by the current 'Stay home' Challenge over at Scrap Matrix.
I just love all the housey inspired creations you are coming up with.
For this one I decided NOT to use houses!
Just keeping you on your toes!
I still went with the theme and was inspired by.......yup colour!

Here we go...


You see I'd not long purchased those Kate Crane face it stamps by Carabelle and was busting to used them, so thought about when this is over....when we are no longer in isolation, and the quote
"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"
popped into my head, and then I thought of rainbows, and hills and joy (hmmmm insert song "The Hills are alive" in here). Lol




These are the products I used:
(well most of them)




I began by adding white gesso to my Dina Wakley Art Journal.




Whilst waiting for this to dry, I grabbed my new Kate Crane Stamps - Face It
some of the Smooth Bazzill Cardstock and black ink.




I stamped them out, and then coloured them in using Art by Marlene Watercolours.




Once cut out, I felt they needed bodies so I grabbed my new PaperArtsy Mini stamps and hand drew some shapes, stamping in them to give them some texture and interest.




Instead of drawing arms, I decided to give them wings, as they are now free from isolation.
I used the heart stamp as wings.
As you know I love using stamps for something different than intended.




How cute are they?
I love their dresses and the way the mini stamps turned out.




I then decided to create a sunrise background for that quote, and a rainbow.
I grabbed PaperArtsy Paints in the rainbow colours -
'Red Lipstick', 'Tango', 'Banana', 'Slimed', 'China', 'Electric Violet'.




I then remembered that the TCW Stencil called 'Sun Valley' had a sunrise element.
I wiped the 'Tango' and 'Banana' paint through the stencil with a dry baby wipe to create the sunrise.




I then painted a rainbow above this.




Whilst the paint was still wet, I rubbed through it using the 'TCW Stencil Sweet Posy' and a wet baby wipe.







I then painted in some hills using 'Polished Jade' by Dylusions and 'Slimed' by PaperArtsy.
I mixed them together for the hill on the right.
I then used TCW 'Brick Poetry' Stencil to add texture.




I then added 'Sky' by Dina Wakley for the sky.




I then adhered my girls onto the page using Gel Medium and added in some details with pen.
I also added in some flower using tiny dots of paint.



I also added in some of my own thoughts and feelings about the current situation. 
It felt right to add it to the rainbow.
It reads:
"And when it was safe for the people to come outside again; 
everything had changed.
They had changed.
Their disconnect had reconnected them.
To each other.
To the Earth.
To themselves.
To the magic of living.
They were able to see with new eyes
The beauty that surrounded them. 
The beauty in each other.
Not only did they see differently.
They moved differently.
They moved with gentleness.
They moved with kindness.
They moved with togetherness."



Finally I went around the edges of the girls using Graphite Sticks.
This brings them forward into the foreground.




There you have it!



Keep those entries coming!
Keep up with the creating.
Stay safe and stay colourful.
Much love 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment