Friday 3 January 2020

Art Journaling for Scrap Matrix

Happy New Year Creative Souls!

I'm here today to share 2 of my Summer inspired Art Journal creations for Scrap Matrix



To me, this just screams Summer.
All about colour and waves and sunsets.




So let's take a look at how this came together.




I had been hoarding this 'Art by Marlene Ocean Window 12x12 Stencil' .....the shape of those flowers look like waves, and that inner circle just reminds me of the sun.

I chose some of my fave PaperArtsy Paints that are full of summery vibes.
I also used my larger Dina Wakley Journal.




I began by adding 'Zesty Zing' PaperArtsy paint with a sponge, focusing on the circular area
 (the sun).




I then added some of the 'Cerise' paint and blended it a little.
Keeping the stencil in place, I began adding other paints with a sponge.







I then decided to take the 'Zesty Zing' to the edge of the page.




It seemed a little harsh, so I grabbed the stencil, some 'Snowflake' PaperArtsy Paint and sponged over the top a bit randomly.




Adding that white back in pulled it altogether.




I then grabbed my fudeball pen and swirled it around the circle, adding a few scribbles.
I also went in with the stencil and paint and a sponge and added extra bits to the inner edge of the circle.




I then grabbed some of the Alpha foam stamps by Tim Holtz. 
I added the word sunshine, with black archival ink making sure it was to one side.
I didn't centre it, I rarely do.....it just means it doesn't then have to be perfect, whereas if it's centred I feel the pressure to get it exactly right.
I also like things a bit off centred, a bit unbalanced. A bit like me really.




I then added in my own writing to complete the quote.
I also went over the stamped letters with a white pen, and also added it into the circle too.




That's it!! 
A fun summery creation.




What colours say summer to you?
If you need some inspiration, check out our Summer Moodboard...




How can you not be inpsired by this?????

I have created another Art Journal Page (inspired by the fabulous Lisa Oxley)
I adore her colourful work.
I actually forgot to take photos as I went for this one. Whoops!
I'll leave a list after the last photo.

But basically I decided to select a colour from each of the colour pallettes above - yep mix it up completely!!



Just too cute....












 I used:


What does summer mean to you?
Add your creation to the Facebook Shares Group - just pop it in the 'January Challenge Folder', and let us know what Scrap Matrix Products you used.
I look forward to seeing your colourful creations.

I'll be back again soon.
xx


1 comment: