Wednesday 12 June 2019

Another play with 'Art by Marlene' Products

 
I've popped in to share another bright and colourful creation for the current 'Art by Marlene' Challenge over at Scrap Matrix
 
I love how inspired you all are since the Marlene visit. (me too!)
 
 

 
Inspiration for this came for my love of colour!!
 
Some days, especially on these cold wintery ones, it explodes out of my brain!
Just like this.....
 

 
 
Let's take a look at how it came together.....
 
I recently purchased the large album - I just ADORE the cover, so it was time to crack it open.
 
 
 
Those flowers on the cover really excite me, so I decided to paint some of my own.
 
So I cracked open my new 'Bold and Bright' Watercolour Set and began with circles and leaves.
 
 

 
Gorgeous colours - quite bright for watercolours! (yay) and don't even get me started on the teal!!!
 
 
 
 
I then added in black and white paint and cut them all out.
 
 
 
 
I drew a face and knew I wanted all the flowers to be in her hair so I created a background with the watercolours.
 
 
 
 
Using the 'TCW Stencil - Blooming Garden' I then added some watercolours and wiped through the stencil to remove some of the paint and add a little texture and depth.
 
 
 
 
Once dry I randomly stamped over this.
This pattern was a perfect fit.
 
 
 
 
I then filled in the face with the watercolours.
Faces are HARD!!
 
I also felt like it was quite pinky/purple so I decided to add in some yellow.
 
 
 
 
I did this with the flowers too.
 
I then began to layer up the flowers I'd cut out and lots of the Die Cuts from Book 3.
 
 
I even cut some of the flowers and leaves from the Collage Paper Book #4
 
 
 
 
I stuck it all down with Matte Gel.
 
Layer upon layer of colourful flowers!!
 
 
 
 
I then added that sticker....it was perfect cause she is definitely wearing her art!!
 
 
 
 
I finished off by adding some die cuts to her neck....the colours matched perfectly!
 
 

 
That's it from me today!!
 
I hope its inspired you to play with your Art by Marlene products!


 
 
I hope you play along with us this month.
 
Just create whatever you like using Art by Marlene products available from Scrap Matrix and upload your creation to our Scrap Matrix Facebook Shares page.
Don't forget to let us know in the comments what products you used.
 
That's it....you could win a shopping spree (voucher) at Scrap Matrix, so you can buy MORE products or you could be asked to be a guest designer.
 
Now that is cool!
 
Luv Tam
xx
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment