Tuesday 1 January 2019

Welcome 2019 - sharing my One Little Word

Happy New Year to you all!!

I had a lot of fun last night welcoming in the New Year with special friends, so I've been a little slow to share this today, but it's time to release my One Little Word for 2019.
Many years ago I gave up on the idea of New Year's Resolutions - Instead of making resolutions, which let's face it, we rarely achieve, which then causes guilt, which creates negativity, I prefer to select a word, to have as a guide throughout the year. I think it's a more positive way of thinking plus I adore words.

I've been selecting a word each year for a while now, inspired by the inspiring Ali Edwards.
Some have been hugely powerful, and really caused a year of self reflection and personal growth.  Some are still a big part of my life, and I continue to focus on them regularly.

Sometimes these words present themselves loudly and boldly and other years they are more of a gentle whisper, and I find I really need to quiet myself and listen.

In fact that's part of what I love about the period between Christmas and New Year.  It gives me a chance to reflect on the previous year, and recharge ready for the upcoming 12 months.  I always feel a little emotional and feel a real sense of shift and inner change.

Previous words that I have connected with are:
Peace
Balance
Forward
Connect
Create
Play
Brave (my absolute favourite)
Adventure
Light
Choose

So this year, I'm going with...... Magic

It's a word that makes me feel alive. For a number of reasons.

I love finding the everyday magic all around us. I love that when I notice the magic I feel grateful, happy, filled up.

 
There's been some people in my life at times, who zap some of that magic, who drag me down, who don't believe in magic.

I really want to surround myself with people who believe in magic, who look for it, who create it, who feel it.


I also have a boy who is into magic tricks, so the word reminds me of him.

This year, my girl is undertaking Year 12, so the following year our life will look a lot different as she has plans to attend University, so will need to move out (NOPE NOT READY!!) Anyway, I want to share so many magical moments before this happens.

I also want to support my kids to find their magic.


 
 
I want to continue to create, to play, to paint......



and read....


I also really love this quote, and looking at the stars has always helped me to feel connected, to find peace, especially when I'm struggling, and sometimes I just need a little reminder to do this.

This quote kind of summarizes how I feel about magic.
It feels comforting.
There is definitely magic in the moon and the stars.
They ground me, and they light the way.




So here's to a Magical 2019.

I invite you to find your word.

I'd love you to share it with me.


Much love
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment