Sunday 12 August 2018

Another Aall & Create Inspiration for Scrap Matrix

I've popped in today to share some more ALL & CREATE inspiration for my favourite scrappy store Scrap Matrix.
 
This time I scrapped myself!! I know, I know something we all forget to do, or dislike doing. BUT I urge you to get on the other side of the camera and include YOU in your beautiful creations.

 
Love the bold colours on the black background.
 

 
Let's have a look at how this layout came together. 
 
I basically used the same technique for the background as I did last time for my teen boy layout.  If you missed it you can find it HERE.
 
This time around I decided to use my Tracy Scott Paper Artsy paints....... perfect timing as we have the fabulous Tracy Scott coming to teach at Scrap Matrix later in August!!! Woohooo!!
How cool is that!! As I'm feeling all Tracy inspired, I grabbed her beautiful paints. Oh those colours!!!

 
Just love them!!! 
I didn't use the Peacoat (navy) on this layout as I had black as my base instead.



So I painted them quite randomly on my background paper. 
 
This time I didn't prepare the bazzill first. As I wasn't using a lot of water, I just decided to add the paint directly.
 
I forgot to take a photo at this point!! Whoops.



Once dry I used AAll & Create Stencil No 4 by the fabulous Fiona Paltridge.
I love that this has two options - for this layout I used the top section and some black gesso.
 
I love that using this technique kind of looks like the background is part of the painted section. A very cool effect.

 
Next I stamped onto white cardstock using one of my favourite AAll & Create Stamps - No 20 using an Archival Black Ink.
 
I didn't worry too much if they didn't come out perfect, as I planned to cut them down anyway.
 
 
Next I cut them out.
 
Love the black and white - reckon it's gonna look pretty striking amongst the bold colours.


I then began layering behind my photos. I used lots of tags and paper from 7Dots Studio.
I also added in some 7Dots word stickers, cause really it wouldn't be a Tam page without them.
 
I stuck this down using foam tape as I knew I wanted to tuck my stamps in and around the layers.


I used foam tape on some of these too, just to give it a more layered look.




I really love how layering these stamps around the photo draws your eye to that point.


To finish it off, I added my title - I used Mambi Chips for this - I see Vicki has just restocked on them so I'm off to go shopping!!  I need more in my stash.
 
I hope this has inspired you AALL to go and CREATE!! (groan)
 
What do you plan to create with the Aall & Create produts - some tags? A layout? A few cards? A journal page?  Well whatever it is, I can't wait to see it.
 
Just head to our Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Group and load it into the 'Aall & Create' Album, and let us know what Scrap Matrix Product/s you used.

That's it from me today.
 
Here's a list of the Scrap Matrix Products I used:
 
Black Bazzill
Tracy Scott Paper Artsy Paints
AAll & Create Stamp No 20
7Dots Word Stickers
7Dots Paint Chips 6x6 Paper Pad
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment