Monday 27 August 2018

A Magical 2Crafty Chipboard Layout plus VIDEO

Hi everyone, I've popped in today to share some more 2Crafty Chipboard goodness with you all.
 
This one's titled
 

"Magical"


 
A page telling the story of a recent fancy dress party.
 
I love the bright bold colours against the black.
Yep, surprise surprise, this page has bold colour!!
 
I guess it's my signature style, but the photo and theme really called for it.
 

 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard on this page:
 
"Grid Bits"
"Fine Word Set 2"
"Lina's Swirl"
"Element Set 1"
"Starbright Snowflakes"
 
 
 
I began by painting all of the chipboard, except for the title in a few coats of white gesso.
 
 
 
I applied white acrylic paint to the "Grid Bits" and the "Lina's Swirl".
 
I knew these would pop against the black background and bold colours.
 
 
I tucked "Lina's Swirl" underneath my photo, and the "Grid Bits" underneath all the layers.
 
 
To the "Starbright Snowflake", I added a variety of Dylusions Ink Sprays.
 
Instead of spritzing them on, I applied them direct with a paintbrush.  This gives a more concentrated colour.
 
I layered the colours as I really wanted to create an ombre look that complemented the background.
 
I used the colours "Fresh Lime" and "Polished Jade".
 
 
I also used this technique on the "Elements Set 1"
 
I really love the Moroccan feel of both the shape and the effect I achieved on the chipboard.
It really helps to 'tell the story'.
 
 
 
 
 
I tucked both of these pieces amongst the layers.
 
 
 
Finally I added black gesso to the "Magical" Word from the "Fine Set 2".
 
I laid these down the side of my photo.
 


I have created a video of the layout so you can see it all come together.
 
You can see EXACTLY how I created the gorgeous painted background, and also how I created the ombre finish on the pieces of chipboard.
 
Hope you enjoy it!!





I'd love you to subscribe to my you tube channel.  To do this go HERE.
I'm really hoping to create more videos.

Wish me luck!

Until next time, happy creating you beautiful people!
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment