Sunday 27 May 2018

"Paradise Found" for 2Crafty Chipboard

Hi there! Today I'm here to share my latest creation using my favourite chippy, 2Crafty Chipboard
 
This one's titled:

"Paradise Found"

 
 
A page about a recent adventure to Phuket and how the colours of this amazing place totally inspired me.
 
 
I used the following '2Crafty Chipboard':
 
"Paradise Title"
"Flower Doilies"
"Crazy Stitched Panel"
"Swaying Branches"
 
 
 
I began by coating the "Flower Doilies" in white gesso.
I then applied a pink/burgundy watercolour.
I love the watercolour effect - the mottled uneven colour.
 
 
 
 
 
I also applied white gesso to one of the "Swaying Branches".
I painted a few of the leaves and stems in a green watercolour.
 
 
I then added a few dotes and lines to highlight these.
I really wanted to define just some of the leaves, but not all of them.
 
I placed this branch underneath my photo, but allowed it to sweep over the photo.
I did this to mimic the branch at the top of the photo.

 
I trimmed off small sections of the "Crazy Stitched Panel" and applied black gesso.
 
I then placed it randomly on top of the bright coloured background I'd created.
 
I like how the black grounds all the bright colours and acts as a strong contrast to the whitish background.
 
 
For the title, I applied white gesso and then once dry applied green watercolour to the top half, and once dry, added blue paint to the bottom half.
 
I just love the Ombre 2 tone effect and the colours that mimic the gorgeous water.
 
 
 
To continue with the water theme, I added Glossy Accents.
The high gloss/resin finish gives the illusion of being wet.
 

 
I love that I was able to mimic so much about beautiful Phuket - the colours, the water, the beauty.
 
I love that you can achieve so many different finishes on chipboard that complement your story, your layout, your photo.
 
 
Paradise found is right!
 
I wish I was there right now!
 
That's it from me today, I hope I've inspired you today in some way. 
 
I'd love you to leave me some feedback
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment