Monday 7 May 2018

Tam's latest addiction.....Round 2

Hi there arty friends,

I'm back to share Round 2 of my latest addiction.....Art Journaling.

I know it's been around for a while, but it's only recently I decided to try it out.  You can read about Round 1 HERE.

So let's get straight into it.....


For this one, I'd just returned from a trip to Phuket so this quote really spoke to me. I'm loving that this is a place to put some of my favourite quotes, it will just be so inspiring when finished, full of colour and inspiring words.....perfect to flip through when I'm feeling a bit flat and need some extra inspiration.

I used Tracy Scott's Paint Set (love) and a Donna Downey Stencil and a 13 Arts Scale Stencil.






This one was created using Dina Wakley paints in 'Ocean' 'Lime', 'Magenta' and 'Lemon'.

I created the feathers with a Kinder Kreations Feather Stencil. I love that you can layer them. I love that the two sides to the stencil work together so well.



I also used the xoxo Stencil by 13 Arts and black gesso.




For this one I again used Black Gesso, and Dina Wakley paints.

I stamped using stamps by ALL & CREATE #10 and 7Dots Dreamscapes, and then I had fun
doodling.



This one became a bit of a mess, so I just went with it and added a quote that suited......it reads
 "Art has something to do with the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos".

I used White Gesso, Black Gesso, Dina Wakley Paints, which I used in the background and also to swirl directly onto some of the circles.






For this one I used Dina Wakley's  'Lime' and 'Ocean' Paints, some black gesso and a stencil from my stash.

I was inspired by the colours of Phuket for this one. Love those colours together.



This one was created using the same stencil from my stash, but I used Dylusions paints in "Bubblegum" and "Squeezed Orange". 

Again inspired by Phuket colours.

I doodled using a Black Fudeball Pen.


For this last one for now, I used Dylusions Paints again, and just doodled.

I'm loving the process.

I love that I can whip out a page very quickly - I'm hoping it will make me play every day, but I'm not fussed if it doesn't.
It's something I can pull out and play with when I'm feeling like I've lost my mojo.
I'm also loving that it's a place I can experiment in, doodle in, paint in. Sometimes with layouts, I lose my nerve to JUST PLAY.  I hold back more.

Well that's it for Round 2.

I'm back to being busy at work for a few weeks, so Round 3 might take a little longer.

Happy PLAYing!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment