Thursday 2 November 2017

My second Watercolour and Words share for Scrap Matrix

Hi Everyone!
 
I'm here to share another colourful layout with you as part of the Watercolour and Words Challenge over at Scrap Matrix.
 
This layout is a celebration of my mum. 
She was such a vibrant soul, full of colour, and this layout reflects this.
This photo is a special one to me so I really wanted to tell the story behind it.


 
Here's another view:



I began with some white cardstock which I coated in clear gesso.
 
I again used my Prima Watercolours in Tropical and painted some lines....love the simple rainbow effect.  I didn't wait for each colour to dry - I just kept going.




I added a few flicks of black Dina Wakley paint.

 
 
Whilst drying I grabbed my Dina Wakley Abstract Bloom Stamps.
LOVE THESE!!!
 
I stamped a few onto white cardstock.
 
 
I then cut them out
 
 
I then grabbed some tags from 7Dots Studio to tuck behind my photo, and some Scrap Matrix Paper Lace in Chantilly too.
 
 
I painted some Metal Roses in Black Gesso to give them a funkier look.
 
 
Lastly I grabbed some of these Paper Wings from the German Scrap section.
 
These were perfect for adding to my layout. 
My mum's favourite colour was blue so I decided to paint them blue.
 
 
Ok, time to start layering behind my photo. 
 
I added a title from Heidi Swapp's Epoxy Stickers.
 
 
Lots of bits poking out.
 
I concentrated on the right hand bottom corner as I wanted to leave space for journaling.
 
 
Time to add lots of words......here's what I used...
 
 
There was some perfect sayings in there.....suited my layout so much.
 
 
 
I love how the clear ones look against the painted background. 
 
 
Next up I grabbed my 7Dots Studio Hazy Days Stamps and added a few black arrows around the cluster.
 
My final finishing touch to the cluster was to add a metal charm. 
Eternal Love! Perfect.
 
I just added black gesso.
 
 
Scrap Matrix really does have a charm for every occasion!
 
 
 
 
Now time to add the journaling.
 
This is one of my favourite parts of scrapping.
 
I find it very therapeutic.  Actually, if I don't have a story in mind I find it really difficult to scrap. 
It's like there's no meaning to the layout. 
I end up just shuffling papers around.  But once I have that direction, I'm off.
 
 
Here's a few more close up's of my cluster......
 
 
 

 
 
I'm so glad I created this layout and told this story.
 
It's something I will always treasure.
 
 
You've got until the 14th November at midnight to load your creation into the challenge folder over at Scrap Matrix shares, so there's still plenty of time to have a go at the Watercolour and Words challenge.....
 
Vicki has a Scrap Matrix voucher up for grabs....can't wait to pop over and see your entries.
 
 
 
See you again really soon
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
Marshmallow Cardstock
Black Gesso
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment