Monday 13 November 2017

Teen boy creation for 2Crafty Chipboard

 
I'm excited to be here today to share a recent creation for 2Crafty Chipboard with you all.
 
I channelled my inner Heikes for this one, I just love her style.



A bright fun layout, celebrating my gorgeous boy and his sweet thoughtful nature.




I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"Triangle Set"
"Harlequin Clumps"
"This Boy Title"


 
 
 
As I'd used a lot of vibrant colour using Dylusions Ink Sprays, available from Scrap Matrix,  I painted some of the triangles from the 'Triangle Set' in black paint.
 
I like how the black grounds the bright colours, and helps pull it all together.
 
I turned them onto their side to create an arrow look, as this went perfectly with one of the 7Dots stamp I had used, also available from Scrap Matrix.
 
I love how versatile these triangles are.  You will find them on lots of my layouts.
 
 
 
I added some 'Harlequin Clumps' around my photo. 
 
I used Distress Inks in a variety of colours to  colour these.

Layer upon layer.
 
The colours change slightly depending on the light - a very cool finish.



I added some flicks of green paint, just to give them a bit of extra oomph and life.




For my title 'This Boy', I created a two tone effect using Prima Watercolour paint.
 
Firstly, I added white gesso and then kept adding watercolour until I was happy with the colour.


I really love the 2Crafty titles, and I especially love these ones with the two different styles of font.


I just love blue and green together - so much for that old saying "blue and green should never be seen".
 
How wrong they were!!
 
Teamed with the black and white, they are just perfect for documenting my teen boy.



I just love him to bits.
 
I'll be back again real soon, have a fabulous day!


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment