Friday 29 April 2016

My World....designing for All About Scrapbooks

Hello everyone!
Today I'm sharing my latest work for All About Scrapbooks, my absolute favourite scrappy store! This layout features some papers from the last Basic Grey Range ever created - the B Side. 
Oh how I love this range!
Fun, bright colours, with lots of great sayings. 
I created a  couple of pages with this range a couple of months ago, and I still had plenty left, so thought I'd have a go at using some more up.
As this range is typically aimed at a tween girl, I decided to throw in an extra challenge for myself, and create a layout featuring my son.  You see this range has some great yellows and teals, and they were screaming out at me to be used.  I dug around and found grey woodgrain paper from Simple Stories. Perfect, as woodgrain has a masculine feel.
 
 
I swiped gesso over my background and then added spritz and random stamping. 
I then layered up with embellishments and paper off cuts.
 
 
I used 2 Crafty Chipboard for my title (I actually chopped up a title, and already have a plan to use the other half - yep no wastage here).  I also used 2Crafty chipboard to highlight my photo, and to add texture to the background.
 I created the black circles by making my own stamp.
I just added paint to an old toilet roll end, and used it as a stamp,  Cool huh??
 
 
And because I don't like to clean up unless I HAVE to, I created a Project Life Spread out of the rest of the paper from the range.
 
 
I'm really trying to keep up. Only a few weeks behind at the moment.  I love how bright and colourful this week is - and I've included the pink!
Here's the left side:
 
 
I wanted to include more 'Sports Day' pics but I didn't want it to take up any more spots in the week, so I added one of my flaps:
 
 
And here's the right side:
 
 
And that's it from me! Well for now anyway.....

No comments:

Post a Comment