Wednesday 27 June 2018

My second 2Crafty Share for June and Guest Designer at CSI

 I've popped in today to share my latest 2Crafty Chipboard design, which I created as a Guest Designer over at CSI.
 
It's titled :

"Summer Days"

 
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard on this layout:
 
"Summer Days Title"
"Crazy Circles"
"Circle Stack"
"6" Revolution Frames"
"Bubble Clumps"
 
 
A layout about one of my favourite sights during summer.
 
Each summer, for a week, we stay at the beach and everyday we do the walk to and from the beach with towels over the shoulder and boogie boards carefully balanced. 
I love walking behind and watching my family as they walk and chat, relaxed and happy.
I love seeing the kids grow over the years.
 
 
I actually created this one as a Guest Designer over at CSI.
 
2Crafty Chipboard are sponsoring this month, and I really enjoyed 'solving the case'.
 
 
Here's the case:
 
 
 
I loved the colours and went with the Summer Theme.
 
I added quite a few of the elements listed in the Case.
 
You can find these listed on the CSI site.
 
I used a solid white background, checks/grid, stripes, wet medium (paint), tags, thread.
I also followed the Summer Writing Prompts for my journaling and wrote about what Summer 'looks' like as well as adding what Summer 'smells' like.
 
Here's a closer look at the layout:
 
 
I painted some of the circles from the "Circle Stack" in white paint and then added some doodling/stitched lines with a black pen.
 
 
I cut some of the circles from the "Crazy Circles" and did the opposite - I painted them black and added white pen stitching doodles.
 
I tucked these in and around the photos and layers.
 
 
I painted a "6" Revolution Frame" white and placed these on top of the centre photo as a way of focusing the eye into the layout.
 
 
I also tucked a few of the "Bubble Clumps" in and around the layout.
I painted these black.
 
 
For my title "Summer Days" I painted the two words in contrast summer colours.
 
I applied white gesso first as I wanted the colour to be bright, and then I added ink.
 
I often do this to my chipboard titles, use a combo of colours. 
 It just makes the title more interesting.
 
As you can see I added lots of stamping. In lots of different circles.
I used my favourite stamps available from Scrap Matrix by AALL & Create (Tracy Evans #34) and Paper Artsy.
 
 
Well that's about it for today.
 
I love this happy vibrant layout.
 
We'd love you to join in over at CSI this month. 



I hope I've inspired you in some way today.
 

 
 

1 comment: