Sunday 1 July 2018

Announcing July's Scrap the Girls Challenge.....

Hi everyone, I'm here today to announce the NEW challenge over at Scrap the Girls, and also show you what I created for it.

So let's get straight into it......


It's titled 'Dark Inside'...... I really love it but I have to admit it had me stumped for a while.

But eventually, after lots of shuffling I came up with this.....


My inspiration came from the colours - soft pink, black and red. 

I was also inspired by the poppies and knew I had this awesome Prima stamp that I got from Scrap Matrix that would just work perfectly! I enjoyed cutting them out and adding them in clusters around the photos.



I also focused my journaling around the theme of 'dark inside'.  It reads.......
"My wish for you is that you embrace who you are. All of it. Your beautiful light. Your darkness. And everything inbetween."


I also stamped using a Dina Wakley stamp, available from Scrap Matrix
I love the inspiring and uplifting phrases and felt these complemented the story.


For my title, I used a gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard "Be Yourself". Perfect!!
I also used a couple more 2Crafty Chipboard pieces in the clusters - "Flower Doilies" and "Grid Bits".


I also poked some 'tulle ribbon flowers' in amongst the poppies, these were inspired by the tulle in the ballerina costume.


It gives an interesting texture to the layout.


So that's about it from me......I can't wait to see what you creative peeps come up with.


If you need more ideas for this one, head over to Scrap the Girls and check out the rest of the Design Team's Creations.

This month we have one of our regular sponsors, The Resin Rainbow - thanks again for supporting us Janet.

 
I'll be back again soon, until then happy scrapping!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment