Thursday 7 June 2018

My first June 2Crafty Chipboard Share

Good morning!
 
Today I'm going to share my latest 2 Crafty Chipboard Creation.
 
This one's titled :

"Crazy About You"

 
 
A layout celebrating my love for my gorgeous daughter.
 
 
 
For this layout, I wanted to challenge myself. 
I am scared of purple!! It's my nemesis, my kryptonite. I struggle to use it. 
Now before all you purple lovers get angry with me, let me explain. 
 
For those who know my creative work, you will know I'm a huge COLOUR fan - the brighter, the better. BUT I tend to steer clear of purple. Lately I noticed that I had hardly any purple in my stash, so I recently purchased my 'go to' colour products in purple - Dylusions Ink Spray and Dylusions Paint.
 
Right, time to get over my fear, time to dive in, time to fall in love with purple!
 
But first let's start with the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used on this layout:
 
"Ava's Frame"
"Lattice Leaves"
"Crazy About You Title"
"Moroccan Bits"
"Starbright Snowflakes"
 
 
 
 
 
So I began coating the "Moroccan Bits" in white gesso and then added a few random sprays of Dylusions Ink Spray in 'Crushed Grape'.
 
 
I wanted this to have an ombre kind of effect, I didn't want it to be just one colour.
 
 
I placed these onto my background.
 
I then applied white gesso to "Ava's Frame" and added this to my page so that it circled my photos. I love how the flourish sits - it provided the perfect spot for me to add some clusters of flowers.
 

 
 
I also applied white gesso to the "Starbright Snowflakes". Once dry, I added clear Kindy Glitz for a gorgeous subtle glittering shimmer.
I haven't used this stuff in years, it looks perfect on the snowflakes - kinda looks like snow. So magical.
 
My daughter loves Winter and Snowflakes so these were just perfect to pop on the layout.
 
Some I snipped in half and adhered so they looked like they were trailing off the page.
Some I added into the clusters.
 
The glitter is so subtle, I hope it shows up on the camera.....
 
 
 
 
 
I painted the "Crazy About You Title" in black paint as I really wanted to add a strong contrast to the softer feel of the layout.
 
I then applied Dimensional Magic, which gives a beautiful glossy resin like finish.
 
 
I also added some black paint to the "Lattice Leaves" and poked these into the cluster of flowers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So there you have it.....my first play with Purple. I think I did ok.
I'm really hoping we can be friends, in fact, I really hope we can be more than friends!!
Purple, I would love to LOVE YOU!
 
What have you done lately in your creating that challenged you and pushed you out of your comfort zone?
I'd love you to share that with me.
 
xxxx
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment