Saturday 13 January 2018

My first 2Crafty Share for January

Good morning all.
 
I'm excited to be back again on the 2Crafty Chipboard Design team for 2018!
Such a great team to be a part of, and I always have such fun using their amazing chipboard!

Today I'm sharing my first January project with you. 
 

"A Day at the Beach"




This is what a New Year's Eve looks like in Australia..... a warm night spent at the beach with family playing cricket.  Perfect!
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
 
"Day at the Beach title"
"6 inch Revolution Frames"
"Circular Panel"
"Hessian Patch Panels"

 
 
I cut one of the "Hessian Patch Panels" in half and then applied white gesso.
I popped this behind my photo.
 
 
I also applied white gesso to a small circle frame from the "6 inch Revolution Frames".
I added this on top of my photo, to frame the focus of it.
 

 
I then added the "Day at the Beach title".
I love the mix of fonts in this....the print mixed with the script.
 
I applied a few layers of  Distress Inks in various colours  to the title until I achieved the colour I was after - I don't have purple so I kept applying teals and pinks until the right purple appeared. 
I love the splodginess (is that a word?) of this. I think this adds to the beachy water theme.


I added some circular stamping to my background, and cut a few circles from the "Circular Panel" to  add to the background, giving some texture and interest.
I like how the circles go with the water/beachy theme too.

 

 To colour them, I added gesso and then couldn't find my brown ink, so I created my own using coffee!!
When I create, I don't like to spend a lot of time searching for something, so I get creative and work with what I have.....so on this occasion, coffee it is!!!


 I added some little waves created by using the gorgeous metal die "Wiggle Waves" by
Uniquely Creative.
Perfect for this layout!


I also had fun adding in some of the cool Art Stones, which I purchased from Scrap Matrix.
I also used some tags from 7Dots, which seem to appear on all my projects!
 I also purchased these from Scrap Matrix.

 A page celebrating summer in January in Australia!
 


Well that's my first creation......

Looking forward to sharing my second one with you all in a few days

Much Love
xxx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment