Saturday 1 July 2017

July Scrap the Girls Challenge!!!

Hi everyone

Yep it's the first of the month again!

Yikes!!

So there's a new challenge over at Scrap the Girls, and it's pretty damn awesome.

I present...... "Dark Moon"......take inspiration from this moodboard to create your layout, and of course your photos must be of girls (no boys allowed)


Well I must admit I found this one daunting.

I think that's because there was not much colour..... and you know how much I love colour!!

But I'm a big fan of feathers!

So this is what I came up with......


I took inspiration from everything!

I created the stripes by simply painting directly onto white cardstock.

I then added some watercolour in the moody maroons and blues featured in the mood board.  I also added these colours by adding paint to some 2Crafty Chipboard and also a Kit the Habit die cut feather.


I knew I  had the perfect photo of my daughter when she recently dressed up for her school sports day.  It was in bright green, so I changed it to black and white.


I created a cluster underneath the photo and added loads of feathers from Kit the Habit, some flowers in the matching colours, a couple of keys, some more 2 crafty chippy and a Kit the Habit flair.


.
I also added some beads, which kind of just sits nicely in the cluster of flowers.  This is another Kit the Habit goody.

I finished off with my journaling (which is inspired by the quote in the moodboard), and a few flicks of watercolour paint.



The prize this month over at Scrap the Girls is donated by:

The Resin Rainbow. An awesome site with lots of great goodies!




So head on over to the Scrap the Girls Blog and checkout the rest of the Design Team's awesome creations, and don't forget to link up your entry by the end of the month!

I can't wait to see what you create.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment