Friday 20 January 2017

More of this please
by Tammy Klingner

Happy Friday everyone!!
 
This weeks layout for All About Scrapbooks is a bright and happy one.
 
 
For those who know my work you will know I am a big fan of colour!
I always seem to pair it with black.
 
I've done it again in this layout.
This layout uses bits and pieces from Amy Tangerine's Oh Happy Life.
 
 
I began with white cardstock, and applied a layer of white gesso.
This is a very important step - as you need the colour/spritz you add to sit on top of the paper.
If you miss this step, your background will absorb the liquid and you won't be able to achieve the desired effect.
 
The inspiration from this layout came from the 'happy' strip in a gradual rainbow of colour.
I used this as a guide when using my spritzes, as I wanted the colours to follow that pattern.
I still managed to muddle it up! LOL
However, instead of starting again I just went with it.
 
So I selected a few colours to spray, and started on the left hand side of my layout.  I spritzed some colour, and then spritzed water on top of this to create a 'run' in the colour. 
I held it up letting it run down the page.
I moved straight to the next colour, without letting it dry inbetween as I wanted the colours to blend together. That is how I achieved the orange colour.
 
 
Once I'd moved across the entire page, and then allowed it all to dry,  I added a few strips of paper to the top of the page. 
I bordered my photos with black and then each one in a different co-ordinating paper.
I added these to my layout with foam tape.
 
 
I then fussy cut my title from one of the papers and added this also with foam tape.
 
I then stamped tiny arrows/play symbols randomly across the painted surface, ensuring they pointed inwards towards the centre of the layout.
I added a few flicks of black paint too.
 
 
I finished off with some 2Crafty arrows which I painted black.
I also cut some arrows from a paper, plus a quote and added these too.
 
Finally, and most importantly I added my journaling.
 
That's it from me for this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment