Monday 1 August 2016

Scrap the Girls August Challenge!

Hi everyone.

Can you believe another month gone?? Seriously this year is on fast forward!

So that means a new challenge over at Scrap the Girls!!

This month we have a stunning mood board:

Gorgeous with all those beautiful shades of blue and teal!

Here's what I came up with:

 
I was inspired by the colours, the doily shapes, and the word 'Wish'. 
 
As soon as I saw the colour, I knew scrapping my mum would be perfect as this was her favourite colour, in particular, that strong royal blue (We like to call it Nanna Blue).
 
In her honour, we all wore that colour to her final goodbye.  I think she would have loved the amazing sea of blue it created.
On that day, her grandchildren let go of bright blue balloons.
Each year on the anniversary of her passing, we do the same thing.
I want to do something to mark the day, and the passing of time. 
We walk somewhere with our balloons, and watch them drift up through the sky.
It's become a tradition for us.
 
This photo was taken last year, on the second anniversary of her passing.
 
 
I love how this mood board inspired me to create a layout about this.
 
I love how when I first see a 'moodboard' the colours/theme always make me think of something immediately - I try to always go with this and use that as my starting point.
After all, if it's one of the first things to come into my head, then it definitely needs to be scrapped! Right?!
 
I look forward to checking out all your entries......our sponsor this month is Colour Blast! A $25 voucher is up for grabs!!
 
 
Don't forget to check out the other Scrap the Girls Design Team's take on this challenge.  I'm warning you, they are just AMAZING!! 
 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Tam your mum would love this layout!! It's just perfect!! Just gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete