Saturday 12 September 2020

Sharing a Colourful Creature.....

 Hi there everyone! I've popped in today to share another 'Colourful Creature' for this months challenge over at Scrap Matrix.

I am just loving seeing all the cute characters that are waltzing their way into September.

Today's one is fierce and brave and powerful and.... yep you guessed it colourful....



Meet Malcolm.....named after an Uncle of mine...
Did I have fun with this one!

When I created him, I'd been having a tough week - I'd needed to do something really brave and yes it had been hard.
When I sat down to create a colourful creature, this is what happened.

I love that my art is always an extension of what I'm feeling, a way to get things out, a way to heal, to process, to make sense of my world.



I used the following Scrap Matrix products:
white gesso
 
As many of you know I'm a fan of using my stencils in ways other than what they are intended. 
This one I've used as fish tails, as hair, but this time I saw a mane.
These are pigment based watercolour powders, so they have a good depth of colour.
I added a few bits of each powder to a paint palette, and then added some water to create my own  custom watercolours.....
I used the following colours:
You can adjust the tone of each watercolour -  more powder will give a vibrant strong colour and more water will mean it is a softer colour. 
They are even more vibrant on watercolour paper.
Have a play and experiment.

Let's take a look at Malcolm in detail....
















So what colourful character are you going to introduce us to this month?
Can't wait to meet them all!

Much love 
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment