Saturday 19 September 2020

Colourful kitties.....

Hi Creative Souls
I'm back again to share some more colourful characters for the challenge over at Scrap Matrix this month.

Colourful kitties this time.
Yep it had to happen!! 
Many of you know how much my kitties mean to me, so I just HAD to create an ode to them.


A trio of Colourful Kitties!
Purrrfect!


Let's take a look at how this came together....

I began by selecting my paint colours.
I chose Paper Artsy Paints in:

I applied them pretty randomly to my page, adding in torn strips of paper from Art by Marlene Collage Paper and leftover bits from a Gel Printing Session.
I adhered these with TCW Matte Gel Medium.




Then fill in all the gaps...



Now I added some stenciling...
I went for one of the NEW TCW stencils.... TCW882 Fantasy Tile in 12x12.




I placed it down and then added paint through different sections using a sponge.
I constantly moved the stencil around, changing paint colours as I went.
I love that this stencil gives you 2 or 3 different looks.


I then added in some Dina Wakley white paint using TCW Brick Poetry Stencil....
the white really helps brighten it up.
I also added in some mark making - random brush marks.



As the paints are a mixture of translucents and opaques and semi-opaques you get some gorgeously interesting layers....




I then added more white paint using another new stencil TCW889 Dash 12x12.
This one does the mark making for you!
Love love love, know this will get a lot of use in future projects.




I then added in some stamping marks using Black Archival Ink.
I'd recently purchased this Art by Marlene stamp - Little Ladies and love the background stamps that are in this.



Ok, that's the background done....




Now time to create those kitties.
I roughly sketched them onto the page and then using the Twilight Paper Artsy paint, I painted around the edges....



Now that you've done the background, keep building up those colours.....adding extra shadows around the kitties.
This pushes the background back and brings the kitties to the forefront.

I added some markers to add details around the edges and to add in face, collars etc.

I also added a few touches of fluro paint using the Dylusions Tropical Sangria and Lemon Drop.
Eventually this happens....




For the quote, I used one from the Dylusions Bigger Back Chat Sticker pack. 
There were a few in there that suited cats, but this one summed it up perfectly....



Yep my cats to a tee.
(this is actually one of the things I love about them, their sense of independence, their air of not giving a hoot)

Finally, some flicks of white paint and a scribbly border....





So what colourful and quirky characters are you creating this month for the Scrap Matrix challenge?

Here's our moodboard for extra inspiration, thanks to these amazing artists and their work on Pinterest....


See you over on the Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares Page where you can enter your project.

Much love 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment