Monday 3 August 2020

Getting drippy for Scrap Matrix

Hello there beautiful people!

I'm here today to share my colourful creation for our current 'Drip, Spray, Spritz Challenge' over at Scrap Matrix.


This is such a me page.
Colour....drips....mess...




So let's go through the process together...




I began with a layer of gesso.

Recently I scored these gorgeous stamps from Scrap Matrix.
I love the grunginess of them, and knew they could work together so well.

I had a hankering to create a rainbow. 
Whenever I see drips, I think of all the pages I've created that had drippy rainbows.
Time to bring it back me thinks....




I grabbed out my fave rainbow colours in Paper Artsy Paint.
I used:



I began with Cherry Red, adding a splodge to the centre of the left hand side of the page, 
I then added water and allowed it to drip down the page.
I then turned the page and let it drip the other way too.
Now dry with a heat gun.




Continue this process through all the colours.

Whilst this is drying, stamp and cut out all the brushes from the Darkroom Door Stamp set - Artist Brushes.
Please note, this ink pad must be waterproof, as we are adding liquid on top and need it to not reactivate.




Now back to our page, I added loads of stamps from ETSA13 for the background.




I added 'journey' all the way across the page.




I then added a few of the circular stamps.




I grabbed a TCW stencil called 'Well Rounded' and rubbed some paint through the paint splat sections.
I kept the colours together, but placed them randomly, ensuring some were half off the page.




Now add splats/flicks of paint again keeping colours together.
If you can't control your splats, cover as you go to ensure they land kind of where you would like.




Now add in the background stamps from the PSA13 set. 
I love these. 
Be careful not to go too overboard, focus the stamps across the centre, coming out slightly.
It's important these look random, so do NOT use a stamp block, just add a touch of ink to a section of the stamp.
It doesn't matter if it smudges, you actually want different depths of ink.
This just helps it all to merge into the background, rather than becoming a focus.

I also added in lots of the stamped word 'Art' and 'Create'.
(forgot to take a pic of this but here's one from the finished piece)




ok let's go back a step...




Once adhered, add paint to the brush tips, and a few random bits to the handles
(my brushes are NOT very clean! so I wanted to recreate this)
I also added some splats or blobs to the page next to the brushes to look like paint had landed on the page from the brush.



I added the quote from the Darkroom Door Set...




Lastly, I added some shadows to the brushes using a stabilo.
You could also use black paint....



There you have it!!




This month's challenge is so FUN!
Colour and drips and spritz and spray.
What more could a girl want?

I have a feeling this month is gonna be a ripper....
just head over to the Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares Page...find the album and load your entry, listing what SM products you have used.
Easy peasy!


I'll be back again soon
xx

PS. A big shout out to all the amazing artists and their images found on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment