Sunday 3 May 2020

Creating with Tam

Hi creative souls

I'm here today to share my first lot of creations for our current challenge over at Scrap Matrix.
Challenge.....yes definitely a challenge for me this time.
Let's take a look and then I'll explain further....


Another creation inspired by the current pandemic.




This month I struggled - I'm not sure if it's to do with the current situation, or if it's the colours - I don't create with red and orange very often, but hey I guess that's the whole idea....
a challenge!!

Here's the inspiration:



Ok, so I lined up some Paper Artsy Paints to go with the colours.
I selected 'Red Lipstick', 'Smoked Paprika', 'Zesty Zing' and 'Green Patina'.




I was stumped, so I began by going back to an old fave style.
Just paint striped rainbow colours! Lol
I add water and let some of the colour run and blend.




Now it kind of looked like a sunset, which gave me the idea of adding a city scene.
I adore houses, in fact I've just ordered some NEW stamps with houses and can't wait for them to arrive.




So I used the following stencils -  'TCW 6x6" Floating City' and 'City Buildings'.
Vicki is out of this one right now but look at this one HERE.  (Oooh let me think - how can I justify another?!?)
I added paint through them using a dry baby wipe.
I firstly used a touch of Dina Wakley 'Fuchsia', and then 'black'.
This gives the illusion of depth.




I applied the same technique around the edges using the 7 Dots Dreamscapes stencil.
Now add flicks of black paint.




And lastly,  the journalling.



The journalling reads:
"When this is over, may we never again take for granted....
A handshake with a stranger, full shelves at the shops, conversations with neighbours, a crowded theatre, Friday night out, a routine check-up, a stadium roaring, coffee with a friend, a meeting and life itself.
When this ends, may we find that we have become more like the people we wanted to be, we were called to be, we hoped to be. And may we stay that way, better for each other. Because of the worst."




So I decided to have another play....



I began with the same colours as above, but added a touch of  'Aqua' by Dina Wakley.




Just spread the 'Zesty Zing', 'Green Patina' and 'Aqua' out randomly, 




Then with a wet baby wipe, rub through the 'Botanical Dream' 12x12 stencil by TCW.




Using the 'Floral Statement' 6x6" TCW stencil and a dry baby wipe, I then rubbed the 'Smoked Paprika' and 'Red Lipstick' through so that some of the flowers and details came through.




I then added some Dina Wakley 'Fuschia' using a dry baby wipe.
I really wanted to use that circular shape in the challenge pic so I added this colour to a Foamie shape called 'Ring Fling' and stamped it randomly.
I added white paint to the Foamie 'Leaf Vine' and added that in random spots.



I added a bit more stencil work using 'Dreamscapes 7dots' and TCW 'Deco Leaves'.
I then grabbed a black pen and a white pen, and added doodling.
Flowers, leaves etc.




This part is very relaxing!!




You can see a bit more of the stencil detail in this pic.



There you have it, a wildflower garden.

I can't wait to see what you create for this one.
Much love
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment