Tuesday 3 November 2020

Arabian Nights over at Scrap Matrix!

 Good morning creative souls.

I've popped in today to share my first creation for our 'Arabian Nights' Challenge over at 

Yep the NEW Art by Marlene 'Artsy Arabia' is just perfect for this one....


I began with a piece of Art by Marlene Watercolour Paper.
 I LOVE this paper - it takes whatever I throw at it!
It's available in pads or if you purchase any of Art by Marlene's albums they are in there too.
I'd also just ordered the NEW Art by Marlene Watercolours 'Brighter than Bright' - they are neon! 
The colours are so very neony and they are a semi-moist so the texture is just gorgeous.



I began by creating a night sky feel all over the paper, using a combo of 'Dancing Queen' (purple) and 'Cancel Tonight' (blue).
I used them individually and also mixed them together to create a deep midnight blue.

I then popped out a whole heap of diecuts from the 'Artsy Arabia Pack 1'  and  'Artsy Arabia Pack 2'.
They really do all the hard work for you and you get SO many in each booklet. 
A great buy.
They are only $15 each and have over 250 diecuts in each!



Next I used the TCW stencil 'Circle Jumble' and sponged Dylusions 'White Linen' paint through it onto the background to add to the night sky feel.


Time to stick them all down with TCW Matte Gel Medium.
If you haven't tried this one it's awesome.
I use a spreader to apply it to the back and the front of each piece, but I often go in with my finger if I have missed a little area - the best part about this stuff is it doesn't get messy on your finger.
Amazing!


I then used some paint pens to add some details and also added some shadows around the edges of my pieces to create depth.
I used watered down Dylusions 'Black Marble' paint for this.





Finally I added some flicks of Dylusions 'White Linen' paint as stars, and added some little stars with a white paint pen.


That's it.
An Arabian Night Sky....




What are you going to create for our Challenge?
Just be inspired by this....


and use some products from Scrap Matrix on your creation.

Then head on over to our Facebook Group and upload your photo into the 'Arabian Nights' folder.
Super easy!
You could earn a shopping voucher from Scrap Matrix!

See you again soon
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment