Tuesday 27 August 2019

Tropical Sunset for 2Crafty Chipboard


I've popped in today to share my latest creation for 2Crafty Chipboard.



A layout about a night I don't ever want to forget....
An amazing meal, floating on water, on a balcony, overlooking the sunset!
WOW!!




Look at all that gorgeous chipboard!!!
I didn't need to add much more...when the chipboard is so stunning, it does the  hard work for you!!

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:

"Tropical Sunset Title"
"Summer Leaf Stems"
"Cheryl's Floral Frame Set"




Let's take a closer look......

I began by applying white gesso to ALL of the chipboard.

I then used watercolours to add colour to the flowers and the frame.




I trimmed the flowers from the smaller frame in the "Cheryl's Floral Frame Set", and added them to the top of the larger frame.

I added some doodling with black and white pens to add some definition.




I love how these flowers look and I really like the colours too.
I tried to go for a more pastel look.....but somehow colour ALWAYS takes over when I create.
I guess it's 'my thing'.

I trimmed down some of the "Summer Leaf Stems", and applied white paint and a few doodles with a black pen.
I then poked these in amongst the flowers.




For the "Tropical Sunset Title", I added watercolours in an ombre effect.  
I only did this to the Tropical word, I purposely left the word sunset white, for contrast.




There you have it!






No comments:

Post a Comment