Saturday 8 September 2018

This Girl.....for 2Crafty Chipboard

 
I've popped in today to share my latest 2Crafty Chipboard creation.
 
This one's titled:
 

"This Girl"

 



A layout about my gorgeous niece. Isn't she just divine?
 
 
 
 
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
 
"This Girl Title"
"Rose Set"
"Flower Doilies"
"Pine Needle Wreath"
 
 
 
 
I began by painting all of the chippy with a couple of coats of white gesso.
 
To the "Pine Needle Wreath" I added white acrylic paint. Simple, easy, yet a great contrast.
 
 
I then painted the largest doily from the  "Flower Doilies" set with my fave Dylusions Ink Sprays, available from Scrap Matrix
 
I love using this technique.  Instead of spritzing them on, I open the bottles and paint it on with a paintbrush. It gives a more intense colour.
 
For this I used the colours 'After Midnight' and 'Lavender'. I love adding them over the top of each other in sections as this creates an 'ombre feel'.
 
 
I repeated this process on the roses in the "Roses Set".
 
I then painted the leaves/branches with white acrylic paint and then added some doodling with a black marker.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
I love that this ties the layout together, and the effect on the chippy co-ordinates with the flowers that I stamped and fussy cut out using an awesome stamp by AALL & Create available from Scrap Matrix.
 
 
To the "This girl title", I added white paint to the bottom word, and added navy acrylic paint to the cursive word.
 
I love the 2Crafty titles with the dual fonts, and I love painting them different colours to match my layouts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So that's it from me today, I hope it's inspired you to get creating.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment