Monday 3 September 2018

My first Scrap Matrix Challenge .....FRAMED!

Hello I've popped in today to share some Scrap Matrix goodness.
 
As I put this post together, I've just returned from a wonderful weekend away at Scrap Matrix. I got to take some wonderful 'Tracy' Classes and spend some time with Vicki and many of the gorgeous Scrap Matrix family. I truly think that was the best part.....meeting so many of my online friends, connecting, laughing, creating together.
Needless to say, I am totally inspired and keen to play, but first things first.....paperwork, also known as blogging!
 
So the new challenge is all about Frames.
Frames are so important. They create focal points, they draw the eye into the layout and the story. They highlight.
Here's what I created.....
 
 
 
Lots of coloured frames created with my gel plate!
 
A layout about my girl and her attending the Adelaide Uni Open Day as she plans and prepares for the next part of her life.  Eeeekk!!!
 
 
 
This next phase has certainly been causing me some anxiety! Feeling like time has slipped by and I'm so not ready for this independence, for her to move not only out, but away.
 
Attending this day changed that shift for me.
She looked so content and happy here, in fact she kept saying 'I could so study here', as we'd find another little study area on campus.
I could totally see her here.


 So let's look at how this layout came together.....


I began with my background paper.



I added stamps from the AALL & Create Stamp #60. I used the circle stamps in particular and added them in the area where I knew I wanted to add my photo.
 
 
 
I kept building up the layers.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yep happy with the detail around the photo.
 
Right time to create the frames.
 
I began by gathering some papers I'd created previously using my Gel Plate.
 
 
I randomly cut out lots of different sized frames.
 
 
I added them all around the photo, and even on top of the photo.
This really draws the focus into the photo, and onto the subject, my gorgeous girl.
 
I adhere some with glue and some with foam tape for extra dimension.
 
 
I added some German Scrap, creating frames with them.
 
The black really helped the coloured frames to 'pop'.
 
 
Time to start adding embellishments.
 
For my title, I used some clear stickers by 13Arts.
 
 
 
I trimmed them and added them onto my photo.....the saying was just perfect for the story behind the layout.
 
 
 
I also added in my journaling on a tag I cut from black cardstock.
 
I slipped in a few word stickers by 7 Dots.
 
 

I added my fave 7Dots Studio stamp - those tiny little flicks.
 
They look just like splatters, but the best part is that I have control over them!
 
 
I love that they always 'finish off' the layout.
 
 
 
 
The final step in this layout is to add black paint around all of the edges to 'FRAME' it.
 
So.....are you entering the challenge this month??
 
Vicki is offering a voucher to her awesome store and perhaps the opportunity to Guest Design.
 
Just add your creation - layout, art journal page, cards, tags, whatever it is to our Facebook Shares Group and let us know which products from Scrap Matrix used on your Frame inspired creation.
 
 
I'll be back again soon, so keep checking in!!
 

 
 Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
Dylusions Paint - Fresh Lime, Lemon Zest
Dina Wakley Paint - Ocean, Fuschia,black

No comments:

Post a Comment