Tuesday 3 December 2019

Bling for Scrap Matrix

Happy December creative souls.

My turn to share my first creation for the current 'Bling it On' Challenge over at Scrap Matrix....
Such a great challenge for the month of December, when bling, lights and shiny beautiful things really make an appearance.


I created this one using lots of metallic paint colours - and they look gorgeous on the black.
Really difficult to capture the sheen and metallic finish in photos, but it looks quite dramatic and classy in real life!




Copper heaven!





So let's see how this one came about.....




I selected this stencil by TCW - 6x6 - Deco Leaves I just love it for my background for the layout. 
I grabbed some PaperArtsy 'Copper' to go with. You must try this colour, it's simply stunning.

I used a sponge to stamp through the stencil onto the background....





I then grabbed some more black cardstock and chose a flower stencil - TCW 12x12 Flower Frenzy




 I also grabbed all my metallic paints.




I selected a few different flowers and again sponged through.
I used 'Rosy' in the centre, then sponged 'Copper' and 'Gold'




When I lifted the stencil, I gasped - they look beautiful and I love the ombre effect of the three different paint colours.
I repeated this process with a few flowers.




I then fussy cut them all out.




Ok, now it's time to work on some of the details.
I grabbed a couple of 7Dots tags  and I cut out a couple of tags from scraps.
These will form the base for my photos.




I then rubbed some of the 'Rosy' Paint over some German Scrap 'Renaissance' Petite Black Strips.
These will be placed randomly onto the layout.




For my title, I used these gorgeous German Scrap Angel Wings Black. 
They were black, but after a few swipes with all the paint colours, they completely transformed and look just like metal!
I added a 7Dots quote - this page is about my girl finishing off her final year of High School and all the steps that are to come. This quote suited, and paired with the wings perfectly.




I then found this blingy thread, and cut it down and used pieces of it for the centers of my painted flowers.




I also used these gorgeous little metal butterflies. They just suit the theme of my layout.
I added some swipes of  paint to them and placed them so they flew up the layout.




I added a few flowers through the layout.
I found some copper ones and then I grabbed some small white ones and added some micro-beads in Copper using Matte Gel.






Ok time to assemble it altogether.










I really enjoyed creating a blingy layout using metallic paints.
Give some a try paired with black - it's really quite fancy!

I can't wait to see your creations for the challenge....




Use any type of bling you like and share it in out Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Group.....
Let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used.

I'll be back again in a week or so with my second blingy creation.

Much love and shininess
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment