Thursday 12 September 2019

I created a village for Scrap Matrix

Hi there creative souls!

I'm back today to share my second 'Art Foamies' Creation for Scrap Matrix.

This one was inspired by many of you who contribute to our Facebook Shares Group.
I love the little community we have there, and recently quite a few of you were creating cute little house pages so I just had to have a go....



And yep I got the idea for that border from there too!!!
LOVE IT!
Thanks everyone for the inspiration.




I just LOVE the explosion of colour and the contrast of that black and white border.
I also love the whimsical feel.




I used nearly ALL of the Art Foamies I own on this layout!!

Let's take a look at how it came together...

This page was sparked by your little houses. I knew I wanted to create a village scene.
I was playing around a couple of weeks ago with my Gelli Plate and my Art Foamies, and some of the prints I managed to create reminded me of sunrises....and well the page just grew from there.




These are some of the prints that I created that sparked the sunrise idea...

I made the papers using Dina Wakley Paints, my Gelli Plate, the 'Doodle Centre' Foamie and the 'Dino Skin Small' Foamie.

I just LOVED that pink and yellow sunrise/sunset image, so I adhered this to my page using Matte Gel.  I made sure one of the circular shapes was centred to act as my sunrise image.




I then painted some hills onto the bottom side of this....




Once dry, I added some mark making using the 'Dino Skin Small' Foamie and the 'Inner Struggle' Small Foamie. 
These are available individually, however, I purchased mine in a packet called 'Balzer Deluxe Small'. 
I think Vicki is out of stock of those sets at the moment, however I'm sure if you contacted her she would order them in for you. They are awesome for mark making.




Next step was to make some little houses and trees for my village.
I used 'Art by Marlene - Dutch Houses' Foamies.




I stamped them onto some old book paper.....






I did the same using a couple of the leaves from the 'Art by Marlene Leaf Geo' Foamies.
They make the perfect trees!




I then used the 'Balzer Ring Fling' Foamie to stamp multiple times.
 Once cut out they look like clouds!.
(Note this Foamie is also included in the Deluxe Balzer Pack, or available separately)




I then cut them all out, and outlined them in either black paint or pen.




Cute hey!!
Time to start sticking them down.




Love those clouds!




I added  a quote and a few little bits and pieces from the 'Art by Marlene Die Cuts Sheets'.
I mainly added these to the windows and doors, and made a little garden of flowers....oh and added a cute little birdie.




Lastly, I added that black and white border.
(Oh and a couple of cats!! Wouldn't be somewhere I want to live without them!)




Now just to decide which house I actually want to live in!! 
I think that little one on the left with the love heart and pink roof will be just fine.
Who wants to move in next to me??
What a crafty little village we would have.

I really hope you join us this month.
There's so much you can do with Art Foamies, so get playing!!!
Once done, pop over to the Scrap Matrix Shares page and pop it in the 'Art Foamies Album' for September.
Don't forget to tell us which Art Foamies you have used!!



Balzer Deluxe Small Art Foamies
Art by Marlene Dutch Houses Art Foamies
Gelli Plate

1 comment: