Wednesday 17 July 2019

Guest Designing for Uniquely Creative!!


I was pretty excited to receive this month's 'Mixed Media Kit' called 'Doilies' by Uniquely Creative in the post and when I opened it I may have squealed!!

It has a real Mandala vibe to it!
Yippeeeee

I created three layouts.....



For my first one I just had to do a dreamcatcher with feathers.




I painted the wood veneers with watercolour paint and added some dots using a black journal pen.

I added more feathers. Those rainbow ones were cut using the Uniquely Creative Metal Die Set called 'Sketchy Feather Trio Set 1'. I then added some watercolour paint and let them 'bleed' together a little. The black and white ones were also cut using the Metal Dies, and finally I added in a few real feathers too.




See the little dots behind the feathers? I created those with the 'Dot Fade Stencil' from the Kit. Just added them by rubbing paint through the stencil in a line.

I also used the smallest 'mandala/flower' shape from the 'Doily Stamp' Set in the Kit to create some lines too.



I used the wood veneer from the kit for my title, adding watercolour paint in a rainbow effect, again letting it bleed into each other.

For the journaling I used the word quote from the 'Doily' stamp set in the kit. - I blocked out a couple of the words with washi tape, as I wanted to alter it a little.


For the centre of the dreamcatcher, I stamped and cut out some of the Mandalas from the 'Doily' Stamp in the kit in various sizes.

I layered these around the edge of the photos, and then added some of the 'Word Strips' from the kit on top.




I really love how this turned out!




Now for my second creation.....




A layout about last year's Phuket trip.....those Doilies/Mandala's just reminded me so much of the place, I just had to use them.




I created the background using white texture paste and the 'Doily' Stencil in the kit.

I cascaded it down the page and once dry I added some of the Uniquely Creative Watercolours.



Such a cool effect.

I then stamped and cut out Mandalas in various sizes from the 'Doily Stamp' in the Kit and added the watercolours to these too.

I added these using foam tape for dimension, and again cascading them down the page and around the photos.




I added some of the 'Word Strips' from the kit and then used a Metal Die called 'Scripty Sunshine' to create the title.




Some journaling, and paint flicks and it's done!




Ok, let's take a look at the final layout.....




Look!! I created a giant Mandala Tam style - colourful and messy!




I began with some white cardstock.

I added a circular shape using pink paint. I used Dina Wakley ‘Magenta’.

I then placed the 'Doily Stencil' from the Kit onto this whilst the paint was still wet and using a baby wipe, wiped away the paint through the stencil.




I then added painted circles around the edge of this, and just let it grow bigger.  I tried not to overthink this part, just get the paint on – I’m not striving for perfection – I want it to have an arty look.  I also didn’t let it dry inbetween changing colours.




I used Dina Wakley Paint in ‘Magenta’, ‘Turquoise’, ‘Ocean’ and ‘Lime’.




Working quickly, whilst the paint was still wet, I rubbed a baby wipe through parts of the 'Dot Fade Stencil' from the Kit and lifted some of the colour.




I then added some Dina Wakley ‘Black’ Paint in swirls, again, the messier the better!




I added some doodling with a black pen (dots, scribbles), and then used the smallest mandala shape from the 'Doily Stamp' in the Kit to create some circular patterns.




I also stamped one of the doily shapes from the 'Doily Stamp' into the very centre using black ink.






Time to move on to the photos and the layering.


I stamped a few of the ‘Mandala Stamps’ from the Kit onto white cardstock.  They just stamp beautifully, perfect every time!








I cut these out and added them behind my photos.

I also made some tags and embellishments from some of my paper scraps and added these in too. They looked great when I added some of the 'Word Strips' from the Kit.

The quote on the blue tag comes from the ‘Stamp Set’.





I poked some netting/bandage around the photos too and then added all this using foam tape to lift it up off the background.


I finished it off by journaling around the outside edge of the painted Mandala.




Wouldn’t this look great in other colour palettes?

I’d love you to give this a go….you never know you might actually get it more even than mine! Mine is a little lopsided but I am NOT a perfectionist, so I’m ok with that.

This month’s Mixed Media Kit by Uniquely Creative is absolutely stunning and you will have so much fun with it. I sure did!!
It's only $21.00 for all of the above and includes 2 stencils, 1 stamp set, 1 word die cut sheet, 1 wood veneer set containing a title and some feathers plus loads of ideas and inspiration in the little mag.

You can order it HERE

See you again soon

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment