Monday 3 December 2018

Tam loves ALL of the COLOURS!!....for Scrap Matrix

Hi there, I'm here to share my creation for the current 'Colour Wheel Challenge' over at Scrap Matrix.
What a challenge!!
 
As soon as I saw it, I did a major happy dance.....totally up my alley!

I ADORE COLOUR!

Of course, I just HAD to go with some sort of rainbow layout.




When I think of colour, and what Inspires me, I immediately think of my babies.

They bring ALL of the colours into my life. 




So I began by adding white gesso to white cardstock.




I then grabbed my favourite sprays....Dylusions Ink Sprays.  I just love their vibrancy.

So I began by adding some colour to the background.
Instead of spraying them on (too stressful - they go everywhere!), I opened them and applied with a paintbrush.




I added water and then let it run down the page a little.  This gives a gorgeous watercolour finish to the bold ink.

A couple of tips.....

WAIT for each colour to dry before adding the next colour - this will give you that distinct rainbow effect. Otherwise you run the risk of them blending and changing colour - I want colour, not mud!




My second tip is to copy the rainbow pattern ROYGBIV - it's fine to leave out a colour but going in that order is pleasant to the eye - that gorgeous natural wonder the rainbow does the work of contrasting/complementing the colours for you.  Don't mess with what is already perfect.




Once completely dry, I added a few flicks of the colour too.

I used the following colours:
Red - Dylusions Ink Spray - Postbox Red
Orange - can you believe I didn't have an orange Ink Spray, so I grabbed my Prima Watercolours in 'Tropical' and used the orange from that. You really can't tell the difference, so if  you don't have Dylusions Ink Sprays, using watercolour instead will totally work!
Yellow - Dylusions Ink Spray - Lemon Zest
Green - Dylusions Ink Spray - Vibrant Turquoise
Blue - Dylusions Ink Spray - Calypso Teal
Purple - Dylusions Ink Spray - Crushed Grape

That's the background done. So EASY!

Recently I had a bit of a spending spree on the new amazing Carabelle Stamps.

I couldn't go past this gorgeous flower stamp....




I stamped some onto white cardstock using an archival ink.

I wanted to add colour, so needed the ink to stay put and not run.




I then grabbed the Prima Watercolours in Tropical again and applied colour.

I focused the stronger colour on the centre of the flowers and let it fade off on the outer parts.




They look pretty average like this, but once cut out they are gorgeous!!



SEE!!

Anyway, back to the layout....

We took this photo recently.....yup a selfie, and I knew immediately I wanted to print it in both black and white and colour.  I just loved the contrast, and decided to print two more black and whites and create a multi photo layout.  Yes they are all the same photo - but you could easily use 4 photos in a series for this too.

As soon as I looked at the series, my title just came to me.....you colour my world!

I used the Tim Holtz Ideaology stamps to add the word 'colour'.







I then added in some Tim Holtz Ideaology small talk stickers.....




I added some of the paint splatters from the 7Dots Hazy Days Stamps in black ink.  LOVE this stamp so much.

I used both the large splatter and the fine splatter.

I ensured some were overlapping and some were hanging off the page.







I just love how those flowers look..... I made sure the colours matched the background.




I added in some 7Dots Word Stickers and also a few of the Mambi Chips - to the centre of the flowers.  They just completely finished it off!




The final step.....JOURNAL!!!

Doesn't have to be a lot, but ADD it!




I love how this turned out!!









 

I'd love you to give it a go!

Here's a look at the 'Colour Wheel Challenge'. How can you not be inspired by this?!?!




You can win a Scrap Matrix voucher - Vicki has the bestest stuff!!
You could also win a Guest DT spot! How cool to come and play with us!!!

Just head on over to our Facebook shares group, and add your entry into the challenge album.  Don't forget to let us know which Scrap Matrix product/s you used!
Yep it's that easy!

I can't wait to see what you do!!
Bonus points from me if you try this technique! LOL!


 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
White Bazzill
White gesso
Dylusions Ink Spray
Prima Watercolours - Tropical
Carabelle Stamp
7 Dots Hazy Days Stamp
7 Dots Word Stickers - Paint Chips
Tim Holtz Ideaology Alpha Stamps
Tim Holtz Ideaology Small Talk Stickers
Mambi Chips - hello friend chalk





1 comment:

  1. An awesome layout so full of vibrant colour and the black and white accentuatesthe colours perfectly

    ReplyDelete