Friday 21 October 2016

Hello Happy Place....

Well it's Friday already, which means it's my turn to share over at All About Scrapbooks.
 
Today I have a layout created with a bit from here and a bit from there!
I often do that......
It starts with whatever leftovers are on my desk, and pretty much builds from there.
 
 
This week I had 2 papers on my desk which I hadn't used when I had used Kaisercraft's Boho Dreams Range. 
The black and white stripe is my fave from that range, but as I had gone with a softer, muted layout, I hadn't used it.
Also I had quite a lot of the black and white feather paper left, and I was itching to cut some of those feathers out.
 
I knew with the bold blacks and whites I wanted to go bold! And I wanted to go colour!
So I gathered my Dylusions Ink Sprays - the colours are gorgeously bright!
 
I began by spritzing my page, and letting it run a little down the page. I purposely kept it to one side of my paper, knowing this was where I would add my photo.
 
 
I then cut out some feathers. 
I dug out lots of 2 Crafty Chipboard for this one - the dreamcatcher, a feather, my title and my small word.  I coated these with gesso, before painting them in Dylusions Paint, and adding Dylusions Ink Spray too!!
I wish I'd thought to take a photo of my hands!! Oh they looked awesome!
Such messy fun!
 
After this I went through all my leftover embellishments, hunting for bold and bright colours.
I found heaps!!
I added these behind my photo. 
 
I then added the chipboard and feathers, to the page.
I really wanted them to look like they were trailing down my page - kinda like a dreamcatcher.
 
 
I just LOVE THIS page!
I love the subject matter (my scrap space, complete with wine glass! LOL)
I'm so happy with how it turned out.
 
I love mixing ranges.....you never quite know what you are gonna get!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment