Saturday 21 April 2018

Scrap Matrix Monochramatic Challenge

Hi everyone!!
 
I've popped in today to share my first creation for the Scrap Matrix 'Tic Tac Toe' Challenge which happens to also be a Monochramatic challenge....... it sounds complicated ut it really isn't!
 
My colour is GREEN! which happens to be my favourite colour. So I can use green and neutrals.  Here's what I came up with.......

 
I also had to use a line from our Tic Tac Toe grid......
 
 
I went top to bottom, straight through the centre.....
Stamp
Big Title
German Scrap
 
 
So let's see how it all came together......
 
 
I began with some 'Marshmallow' Cardstock and added some 3D Gloss Gel through a 7Dots Geometry Stencil.  I focused it to the top section only - where I wanted my colour to be.

 
I then added Dylusions Ink Spray in 'Fresh Lime' and 'Dirty Martini', and added water to let it drip down the page.

 
Whilst this is drying I stamped some flowers using the Aall & Create Stamp No 20. I just LOVE this stamp.  I cut them out and then painted on some of the Dylusions Ink Sprays randomly.

 
I decided to add these buttons to a few of the larger flowers - the centre part of them hadn't stamped properly, so I decided to cover them up!! 
NEVER waste anything! Lol
 
 
I added a few layers behind my photos - some papers, 7Dots tags and some German Scrap.
I also coloured some white paper lace with the Dylusions Ink Spray in 'Fresh Lime'.

 
I then added in my stamped image, placing them so they cascaded down the page.
I adhered some flat, and some with foam tape to give them dimension.

 
I then poked in a few metal flowers.

 
For my BIG title, I decided to have a go at creating it myself.
I grabbed a botte of irresistible in black - I love how this has a really fine point, so makes freehand drawing simple. 
I love how it has a raised glossy finish.

 
I then cut this out and added it to my layout.
 

I left plenty of room as I wanted to journal.
Every year I select a word to focus on, inspired by Ali Edwards' One Little Word.
I always document my word and the reasons I selected it.
I thought I'd left plenty of room but NO! I hadn't.
 
 
A simple solution was to add the rest to a 7Dots tag and tuck that behind my photos.

 
 
 

Here's my journaling if you'd like to read it......
 
"Sometimes I need to regain control, to feel safe, to feel connected with the world.
Having the ability to choose gives me back my power, it empowers me.
I also want to choose wisely.
To make a conscious effort to choose, and not to go on 'autopilot'. Because it's up to me. I get to choose how I am going to react to the big things, the little things, and all the medium things inbetween.
I want to choose to be kind. To others and to myself.
I want to choose to see the natural beauty in the world.
I want to continue to choose gratitude - to notice and be thankful for all the little things.
I want to choose mindfulness - to be conscious of my thoughts and inner monologue.
I want to choose joy and happiness and cause a shift in my thinking.  A deep appreciation for life.
I want to choose me. Make time for the things I love."
 

My final step was to stamp with the 7Dots stamp - Hazy Days
I love that little stamp that looks like a paint flick,  I also love that I can place it exactly where I want it. Whenever I flick it always ends up where I DON'T want it.


And there you have it!
 
I really enjoyed creating this one, and working with just one colour.....what colour will you choose??
Remember you can team it with neutrals, and don't forget to be guided by a line in the grid above. 
The line can go any way - up, down, diagonal.
 
Don't forget to add your project to the Scrap Matrix Shares group on Facebook, and let us know which Scrap Matrix products you used.....it's not necessary to have a blog, just add your entry to the associated folder.
 
I'll be back again soon with another share!
 
 
 
Marshmallow Cardstock
Paper Lace - White

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Tammy!!! Thank you so much for using my floral stamp designed for AA&LL AND CREATE!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete