Thursday 15 February 2018

Second Creation for 2Crafty Chipboard includes VIDEO tutorial

My second creation for 2Crafty Chipboard is called:

"Happiness is This"

 
 

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
"Happiness is This title"
"Flower Doilies"
"Fine Leafy Bush"

 
A layout featuring myself and my beautiful girl at the beach, one of our happy places.
 
There are lots of goodies from Scrap Matrix on here too (of course!).
 
Tags, word stickers and stencil from 7Dots, Dylusions Spray Inks, and the background paper.
 
 
 
THIS place sure brings us happiness, so the title "Happiness is this" is just perfect.

I applied a few coats of white gesso to this, and then added emboss ink and some clear emboss powder. 

Love the gloss/resin finish this gives chipboard.


I also repeated this process on the "Fine Leafy Shrub", although I didn't apply my gesso evenly, as I wanted it to have a bit of a rustic, beachy feel.


 I trimmed down the "Fine Leafy Shrub" and poked the small clusters in and around my flowers.


I applied white gesso to the "Flower Doilies" and then applied Distress Ink to get this gorgeous teal colour.



I trimmed the larger "Flower Doily" in half - giving me two doilies, which I strategically placed to look as though they were half off the layout.

This gives the layout movement, and draws the eye into the photo.


I love the teal, mixed with the blue, and the woodgrain.  It brings out the colour of the water in the photo.

 
 

I love how I can get such different effects on the chipboard. So versatile.

 
I have created a video, so you can watch exactly how this layout came together.
 
I hope you check it out!
 
I still can't work out how to get this to stretch across the screen, maybe one day!
 
 
 


 I hope this has inspired you today, thanks for popping in.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment