Saturday 2 December 2017

Another 7Dots Creation, using Hazy Days for the Scrap Matrix Challege

Hi there everyone
 
Today I've popped in to share another layout I created for Scrap Matrix using the 7Dots Studio Hazy Days.
 
I'm a big fan of 7Dots and all their ranges, and  Hazy s is Days is definitely one of my faves.
Last time I went bright and colourful, so this time I thought I'd go a bit more grungy.
 
Here's what I created......

I scrapped the 5 of us!!
 
It's not that often that the five of us are in one space at the same time, so it's definitely worth scrapping!!
 
 
I began by adding clear gesso to my background paper.
 
This provides a barrier for all the mixed media and allows it to sit on top of the paper instead of sinking in.
 

I then added some water to the layout, concentrating on the right hand side with a small amount on the left hand side.
 
I added some Colour Arte's Primary Elements Powder in Bolivian Blue.
 
A gorgeous colour.


I also added some of the powder to a few spritzes of water, and then dipped some string into it.



I did the same with ColourArte's Primary Elements Spiced Pumpkin powder.



I then grabbed the gorgeous 7Dots Hazy Days Chevron Stencil.
 
I mixed some white acrylic paint into some 3D Gloss Gel and swiped this onto my background.

 
Once this dried, I selected the 7Dots Hazy Days Stamps.


Love these so much.  I stamped these onto my background.


I used black staz-on ink and again focused on layering upon what I had already created.
 
I also added some strips of Mesh Tape. 
I love this stuff!! I love the texture it creates. 
It looks great as is or coloured with mixed media.
I love how it can be cut into whatever size you like, and its self adhesive - so super easy to use.

 
I had recently ordered the Finnabair Patina Effect pastes.
 
I already have the rust effect and just love them, so couldn't wait to try these.
They come in a 3 pack.
 
I added some of the blue directly to my background using the chevron stencil, and I also swiped some around the edges of my photos.
 
 
I did the same with the brass paint from the pack. 
 
I also cut out some photo matts and some tags from a sheet of paper and added some to these too.
 
 
The brass and the blue look fabulous together.
 
I just love the look of the tags, but unfortunately Vicki was out of stock of the Hazy Days tags, so I created my own from paper.
 
 
I then added the rest of my embellishments.
 
Flowers and stickers galore!  I love that they all match.
 
 
I added some blue paint to the flowers - just a quick swipe with my fingers. Love the look of this - those two colours together look fabulous.
 
Easy and messy, just the way I like it.
 
I then added some of the black German scrap.  Love this stuff.
 
 
To the centre of my flowers I added circles from the Hazy Days Element pack or some Crystals or some metal brads.
 
Lots of different textures.
 
 
Finally I added some 7Dots Hazy Days Word Stickers
 
 
Once I stuck everything down I decided to add some of the ColourArte Primary Elements Powder in Spiced Pumpkin  to areas of the background.
 
I just mixed with a little water.
 
 
That's about it.........
 
Here's a few more close ups of the layout.
 



 
Lots of layers and lots of textures.
 

I love how the combination of the string, the mesh tape, the German Scrap and the stamping all work together to create layer upon layer of scrappy goodness!!

 
Well that's it from me for this challenge......
 
Hope this has inspired you to go play with some 7Dots goodness!!
 
 
 
Don't forget that Vicki has a challenge on......to create using 7Dots products.....and there's a voucher up for grabs, so head on over to the Album section at Scrap Matrix Shares and load your entry (don't forget to let us know what 7Dots products you used in the comments section).
You have until the 14th December to load up your entries.
 
I can't wait to check them all out.
 
 
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
Liquitex Clear Gesso
Crystal Brads
Prima Sunrise Sunset Flowers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment