Thursday 19 October 2017

My first Watercolour and Words Share for Scrap Matrix

Hi all
 
I am here today to share my creation for the 'Watercolour and Words Challenge' over at Scrap Matrix.
 
If you haven't seen the challenge.....here it is....


So create a project using watercolours and words.
 
They happen to be two of my favourite things!! (yes I'm singing!!)
 
I got to work with the gorgeous Prima Watercolours in 'Tropical'. 
I'd been wanting to try these out for ages, so was thrilled when they arrived. 
The colours in Tropical are strong and vibrant, so just perfect for me.




So here's what I came up with:



 
Love love love the bright vibrant colours, mixed with the black and the white. 
 
I painted those black stripes on. Simple and instant background.
I've done this a few times now and just love the effect.
 
In fact I've created a video of me creating this page.....so you can see EXACTLY how it was done (see further down)

 

 
I used a variety of words. 
Some 7Dots Stickers (love these) and the new 13Arts Words stickers. 
I love that these are clear so they work really well on photos.
I also used the Heidi Swapp epoxy words.
 
 
I had a whole heap of fun with Dina Wakley Abstract Blooms Stamps
I added watercolour to some of  these too.
 
You can watch that on the video.
 

 
This layout celebrates a surprise 16th birthday party that my daughter's friends organised for her.
It was such a sweet thing to do, and this photo captures the moment she walked in.
I just love the emotion, and knew I needed to scrap it.
 
 
I also knew that I needed it to be bright and funky to go not only with the happy celebratory occasion, but also with the 'teenage' theme.
 
Those metal flowers painted black, alongside the stamped flowers are just perfect for this.



So without further ado, here's the video so you can watch EXACTLY how I created it.





So there you have it!
 
I'm very NEW to this video thing, so I'd love to know what your think of the video.....leave a comment and let me know.
I even have a you tube channel you can subscribe to HERE
 
I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge! 
Vicki is offering a store voucher to Scrap Matrix, so I urge you to have a go.....at the very least you will have had fun creating!!
 
Remember to use watercolour and words and at least one product available from Scrap Matrix.  Obviously the more the better......and there's so many to choose from!
 
If you'd like to see more of my work you can pop over to my BLOG and you can find my You Tube channel HERE.  Don't forget to subscribe.
 
I will see you again soon.  Until then I hope you get a chance to create.
 
 
Scrap Matrix products used:
 
White Bazzill
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment