Sunday 20 August 2017

FINAL Epic USA Trip Project Life Share

Hi everyone

I'm sharing the FINAL instalment in my Epic Project Life USA Trip documentation.

Did you hear that?? Yep the FINAL!! Woohooo!!

It's been a HUGE job. Firstly, the creating process - condensing the photos from 4000 down to 400, and then creating 15 Project Life spreads. Secondly, the photographing/blogging to show you.  Oh I have nearly given up quite a few times, but as I've received so many lovely comments saying that it's inspired you to persist on documenting your trip, or even start, I've plodded on and now it's done!!!!

Such a great feeling, doing a happy dance let me tell you.

So may I present the final 3 spreads.


This spread is about leaving Texas and landing in Los Angeles.  It highlights our hotel, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Madame Tussaud's, Beverley Hills etc.

Here's the left side:




And the right side:




I included lots of my washi tape hinged 'lift ups'


I love how this is a simple way to include more photos and journaling


and I love the interactiveness of these.


This last one is like a whole mini book, I had so many photos!! By creating these flips I get to add lots of photos without losing any more pockets.


Onto the next spread:


This one is all about our day at Universal Studios.  So much fun!!

The left side:





I included some of my lift-ups too:


The right side:




More washi tape hinged 'lift-ups'




In between the left and right side, I added an envelope to hold our maps.


As I didn't want to punch holes directly into the maps, and I also want to be able to take them out and look at them the envelope works really well.  I just added a cardstock strip to the edge to make it a little stronger, and this is where I punched my holes to add to the album.

I then decorated the front and the back.



The next spread is about our day trip down to Muscle Beach and Santa Monica.


Here's the left hand side




Here's the right hand side:




I included a few of the washi tape hinged 'lift-ups'.


Such an interesting place.  Bit of an eye opener for the kids.



The final spread is all about us flying out:


Here's the left side:




You will notice that there a few blank cards.  These are the only thing I need to finish!  I've added one for all of us - on each one I've added an alpha sticker and I want each of us to add some journaling/thoughts/highlights about our trip.
I really want everyone's 'voices', not just mine.

Here's the right side:




Again, you'll notice the blank cards, waiting to be filled.
 
In between this spread, I added a couple of envelopes, one to hold our plane tickets and plane menu, the other to hold some maps of L.A.
 

I simply punched holes directly into a couple of envelopes, and decorated them.




You will notice that I added a cardstock strip to the envelope that contains the maps - this just makes it a little stronger.

 
Well everyone, that is a WRAP!!!

I hope you've enjoyed these posts and I hope they've been helpful to you.

I'm so glad that I took the time to document this trip.  Even though at times I felt overwhelmed and ready to quit, I'm so glad I didn't.  It's really important to make the time and make it a priority.  You see life gets crazy quickly and it can easily become one of those jobs that you leave and you think 'yeah I'll get to it later'.  All too often that later never comes.  I know I have other trips and projects that I've really wanted to complete, but well it just hasn't happened, and now time has gone by.....years in fact, and I'm already struggling to remember the details.

So yep it's totally worth it.

If you'd like to see my other posts on this you can find them below.
Part 1 is HERE
Part 2 is HERE
Part 3 is HERE
Part 4 is HERE
Part 5 is HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment